Hazel Soan's Vacation Workshop Materials List
Click HERE to download a Pdf of this list.
The following list of materials are the materials that Hazel will be using. We recommend that you travel as light as possible because you will need to carry these materials with you.
100% cotton paper – eg Saunders Waterford, Arches - rough surface 140lb+ in sketchblocks or spiral bound watercolour sketchbooks, approximate size 7x11" to 11X15" or 12X16”.
2B, putty rubber, pencil sharpener/blade
Enamel paintbox with palette, pans and tubes of Artist’s Quality Watercolour. Hazel uses Schmincke and a few Winsor & Newton. Bring your own normal set of colours, Hazel's palette includes the following:
- Blues: Ultramarine Blue Finest, Prussian Blue, Cobalt Blue, Cerulean Blue.
- Yellows: Yellow Raw Ochre, Aureolin, Indian Yellow.
- Reds: Alizarin Crimson, Ruby Red (Permanent Rose), Cadmium Red, Light Red.
- Other: Transparent Orange, Schmincke Violet, Permanent Sap Green, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber, Burnt Umber, Indigo, Sepia Brown (optional), Chinese White; Titanium White (gouache or watercolour)
Bring your normal brushes. Hazel uses sable watercolour brushes in the following sizes:
- Round, sizes 12, 10, 8, 6 (size 12 optional)
- Large 3/4” flat brush
- Fine rigger
Hazel will be using 3 small clear water pots and plastic half litre reservoir bottle.
- A small stick of white wax/candle or crayon for textural painting effects
- Kitchen roll/rag.
- Natural sponge.
- Folding Stool
- Art Bag to carry materials and folder for keeping finished sketches/paintings safe
- Sun hat + sun screen