Hazel Soan's Vacation Workshop Materials List
Click HERE to download a Pdf of this list.
100% cotton paper – eg Saunders Waterford, Arches - rough surface 140lb+ in sketchblocks or spiral bound watercolour sketchbooks, c. size 7” x 11” upwards to 16”x20”.
2B, putty rubber, pencil sharpener/blade
Enamel paintbox with palette, pans and tubes of Artist’s Quality Watercolour. Hazel uses Schmincke and a few Winsor & Newton. Bring your own normal set of colours, Hazel's palette includes the following:
- Blues: Ultramarine Blue Finest, Prussian Blue, Phthalo Blue, Cobalt Blue, Cerulean Blue.
- Yellows: Yellow Raw Ochre, Aureolin, Indian Yellow.
- Reds: Alizarin Crimson, Ruby Red (Permanent Rose), Cadmium Red, Light Red.
- Other: Transparent Orange, Schmincke Violet, Permanent Sap Green, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber, Burnt Umber, Indigo, Sepia Brown (optional), Chinese White; Titanium White.
Bring your normal brushes. Hazel uses sable watercolour brushes in the following sizes:
- Round, sizes 10, 8, 6, 4 (size 12 optional)
- Large 3/4” flat brush
- Fine rigger
3 small clear water pots and plastic half litre reservoir bottle.
- Kitchen roll/rag.
- Masking fluid (wrap well, beware this does not spill or leak in your luggage) and masking fluid applicator (do not use your brushes to apply).
- Natural sponge.
- Folding Stool
- Lightweight Folding Easel
- Art Bag to carry materials and folder for keeping finished sketches/paintings safe
- Sun hat + sun screen