Paul Heaston's Curvilinear Perspective LIVE Online Workshop
Sunday October 24, 1:00EDT (New York time)
In this 3-hour workshop presented LIVE, über sketcher Paul Heaston will explain and demonstrate his process for drawing using his umbrella perspective method. Students will learn how he creates that super cool fish-eye look and can sketch along with the reference photos provided or they can apply the techniques they learn in this workshop to a reference photo of their own. At the end of this workshop students will have completed 2 sketches--an interior view and an exterior view using curvilinear perspective. Workshop participants will be able to ask Paul questions between each stage of the workshop.
Paul Heaston has a BFA in painting from the University of Texas in San Antonio and an MFA in painting from Montana State University. He's a very popular and prolific urban sketching instructor and the author of Sketches Vol. 1 published in 2019 and Sketches of Cars and Trucks published in 2020 and was also recently featured in ImagineFX Magazine. He is undoubtedly the king of umbrella perspective with a vast following of 300k+ on his Instagram account and hundreds of examples of his sketches.
What time will this event start in my time zone?
This workshop will be held on Sunday October 24 at 1:00EDT (New York time). Please click HERE to check the exact time of the start of this event in your time zone.
LIVE Q + A
While this workshop is pre-recorded in 1080HD to ensure the best visual experience for the participants, Paul will answer your questions LIVE between each stage of the workshop.
24/7 Lifetime Access
After the workshop you will receive a link to the recorded version of the workshop so that you can re-watch when and as often as you like.
In this workshop students will learn:
- to understand the basic theory of perspective, wide angles, and field of view
- to select a location ideal for creating a fish-eye sketch
- how to draw on a curved perspective grid
- how to block in shapes
- how to ink in a contour line
- how to apply value with hatching
- how to apply value with ink wash
- advanced ink wash techniques and strategies
How to Enroll
To participate in this LIVE event click the ENROLL NOW button below. You will be taken to a check-out page where you can purchase a ticket for $59.99. This 3-hour LIVE event will be hosted on the Zoom webinar platform. Please leave at checkout the email you will use to access this webinar on Zoom. Please note the link to access this LIVE event will be sent to participants when registration closes on Friday October 22, 2021.
- fountain pen with a fude (bent) nib. I like black carbon fountain pen ink
- fine liner pen. I like Micron .03 and .005 with archival ink.
- water brush filled with diluted gray ink. I like Derwent #1 waterbrush and Noodler's Lexington gray ink.
- mixed media-friendly paper. Stillman & Birn beige toned paper
- a 2H and a 4H pencil
- white plastic eraser
- Molotow One4All acrylic paint marker